Thursday 23 September 2010

What's in a name?

There was once a blog that garnered some favourable reviews & keen readers but it has long since been abandoned, become derelict, crumbled & decayed until it was swallowed up once more by the wilderness of the internet.
Since disconnecting my Facebook account (a liberating experience that may well be undone by the creation of this site) I decided to pursue a new avenue for somewhere to display my thoughts, feelings & memories as laid out in words & pictures...
The title-Postcards from yesterday was a term I came up with about a year ago. Maybe more (time is lapping me now). The idea was, & still is, to put together the photos I've taken over the years into some kind of book.
I have no pretentious of making a living as a photographer- my photos are just another medium in which I record the world around me & my place in it.  Just as a long-awaited letter reveals to us the thoughts & feelings of the writer, spilled out in ink in their own unique hand, on paper that they themselves once held, we get a glimpse into where they were or still remain.
My photographs are my own way of keeping in touch with my future self; etched out in light & memory they are my own postcards from yesterday...

No comments:

Post a Comment