Friday 4 March 2011

Debut (26th Feb 2011)

Here's a short clip from the debut performance of Kids Climb Trees. It was an honour & a joy to play live for the first time at the wedding party of my friend, Dr. Buzzerz.
We performed 2 songs- "Earth Angel" (Buddy Holly) and "Can't Take My Eyes Off You" (Frankie Valli)- with me picking up guitar & the good Dr. crooning out the words to his beautiful wife. During the first song my hands were claws of clammy tension gripping too tightly to the chords & I missed the change exactly where I thought I would. One leg tapped the beat the other shook with uncontrollable nerves.
By the second song I'd warmed to the whole thing & by the time I was encouraged to play on into this brief encore I was ready to play all night- however the rest of my repertoire consists mainly of Smiths songs, not ideal for weddings.

I even attracted some groupies, although not quite the kind I'd hoped for when I first picked up a guitar.

No comments:

Post a Comment