Friday 4 March 2011

Departures

Dr. Buzzerz left yesterday- east to west.
I first met him when I first came to Japan, he was conducting a training day & all the other attendees had been waylaid or else had decided not to bother. I was assigned a task which highlighted my inabilities & inadequacies but Dr B., as any good teacher should, helped me find the way.
Since then he has been my mentor, my confidant, my friend, my brother & sometimes I've even managed to return the favour.
This picture came back from the lab the day before he left- poignant perhaps? It could've been taken on any one of a hundred nights & it sums up a lot about our friendship- While the rest cannot be captured in words or pictures.

I went with him to the airport; departures always seem to close in too quickly. We said our goodbyes & I hope it won't be long before we strike a chord on our guitars, crack a street tin and share laughter at the good times even in the bad again.
Departures are worst for those that are left behind.
As I walk through the departure lounge I think about all the people I've said goodbye to & know that my own departure is long overdue.

No comments:

Post a Comment